Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021
and Forbes Cloud 100 2020
, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups
, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups
, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces
, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work
We’re looking for a Product Design contractor to contribute to our growing design system. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. We are looking for somebody to work with us 4 to 5 days per week.
What will you be doing?
- Design and make updates to components within the Design System taking into account the user experience, visual language and requirements from multiple stakeholders.
- Create high-fi mocks and prototypes to communicate work. Leverage research and data to support solutions
- Create documentation within Figma to set up designers and engineers across the team for success, ensuring that components and files are well structured and easy to access
- Define project requirements in collaboration with other Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineers
- Impact business goals through effective and efficient development of design solutions
- Build tight connections with the engineering, research, product, and design teams
- Full-time or part-time for a minimum duration of 4 months
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ years of experience in product design with 1+ years working in design systems
- A portfolio of design projects that shows an understanding of designing and scaling a design system
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Collaborative approach and belief that the best products are built through a partnership with Product, Design, and Engineering
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your design decisions and how they relate to the problem you’re solving
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for solving their collaboration problems
- Thoughtful communication skills. You can write documentation and present design decisions and processes confidently with audiences of all levels
- Experience with SaaS, B2B or other complex technical systems is a plus
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.