Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What we do:
We are responsible for delivering Calm’s app to our customers, ensuring that it is easy to use and delivers a high-quality predictable experience. Our goal is to make sure that those who are looking to invest in their mental health are capable of doing so effectively with Calm. We deliver experiences across Web, iOS, and Android. We are most empowered to do what's right by our customers by paying attention to what they do in-app and what they tell us through feedback. At Calm we believe in making relaxation, better sleep, and mindfulness accessible to the entire world, and we hope you will help us achieve our mission.
What you’ll do:
- You take pride in helping design be easy-to-use, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward-thinking with approachability.
- Passion for coordinating across teams to introduce new ways of working that result in better experiences developing high quality products for our customers
- Build working relationships and develop new processes with cross-functional partners across Product Management, User Research, and Engineering.
- Strengthen an already established Design System used by millions of customers. Ensuring our design and engineering teams are best set up to work efficiently with one another.
- Bringing data into your decision-making and rationale, understanding how your work is performing with a literacy of the measures being applied to it.
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution.
- Own our Design systems across platforms!
Who you are:
- Professional experience of 4+ years working in interface and user experience design, with the responsibility of creating, maintaining, and/or contributing to Design Systems.
- Passionate about consistency, continuity, accessibility, and quality in Product Design.
- You are comfortable leading group activities, and communicating decision making that cascades across platforms.
- Possess knowledge about W3C standards, iOS Human Interface Guidelines, Material Design, and WCAG (and other accessibility standards).
- Demonstrable experience working with team members to institute new ways of working. Developing processes, technologies, and communication strategies to ensure high-quality design implementation.
- Great track record for working closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, and Engineers. Together, efficiently shipping quality and consistent interface patterns, components, and codified design language.
- Demonstrating prior use of qualitative and quantitative methods to validate design decisions and strategy. We believe in leveraging everything from user research to data analysis to help empower our decision-making.
- In-depth experience with modern interface design tooling. We use Figma, Zeplin, and Principle predominantly (not limited to that). Also, a healthy interest in learning new tools as they become viable.
- Our teams use Jira to plan and track work being done. Being comfortable with Jira or a similar tool to coordinate developing software is essential. Leveraging the tools that others use to best facilitate your work will be key.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.