Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The health and safety of our team is our top priority. As such, all employees working in the U.S. whose positions involve in-person interaction with other employees or third parties are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. More details will be shared during the recruiting process.
This position is Remote First and requires proof of vaccination unless Blend grants you an exemption.
Blend is in a very interesting phase right now. We’re no longer a startup that’s just building a product as quickly as possible. Now, it's a balance between moving fast, but also having a more long term view of how we want to build and scale our product and design strategy.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a thoughtful, partnership-oriented designer that has successfully built, iterated on, and spearheaded the adoption of a scalable and considered design system. You embrace ambiguity but details matter. You have a systems driven mindset, and are capable of thinking about components on the micro level and macro level. You draw from proven conventions, but are able to adapt and create new paradigms that support and inspire how we build products at Blend.
How you'll contribute:
- Build the future of our design system (Alchemy) at Blend – envision what’s possible, identify the starting points and incremental milestones, and establish the design point of view.
- Foster a high degree of accountability and trust within your team and those you partner with.
- Establish the design language used consistently across the design and engineering org.
- Deliver design components with consideration on the user experience , visual language, and brand direction taking into account inputs from stakeholders.
- Evangelize and champion Alchemy across Blend, identifying, prioritizing, and pursuing opportunities that deliver impact and value. Articulate the results and impact to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Consider and integrate accessibility into Alchemy’s principles.
- Create documentation to evangelize consistent usage of Alchemy.
Who you are:
- 5-7+ years experience in product design with 2+ years experience in design systems
- Your portfolio demonstrates experience designing and scaling a highly collaborative design systems effort.
- You are a strong systems thinker with hands-on experience building and maintaining design systems libraries.
- You have created and maintained cross-functional and design team alignment in a fast-moving organization, identifying clear priorities and deliverables.
- You have fluency in product design, accessibility, brand, and front-end engineering, as pertains to the creation and deployment of design systems.
- You bring clarity to the vision and simultaneously care deeply about the detail.
- You have successfully navigated an inspiring cultural change across an organization.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Bi-Weekly remote all hands
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
If you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact Blend at (650) 550-4810 or [email protected].