What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development
. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for creating the foundational patterns, UI components, tools, and documentation that empowers Polygon’s strategic design vision. You will collaborate with designers, creatives, and engineers across all of our product surfaces.
• Design and maintain the components, UI patterns, and documentation, Polygon’s design system, and component library
• Work side-by-side with product designers, engineers, writers, and other stakeholders from around the company to develop the tools and processes they need to build world-class user experiences
• Write documentation and usage guidelines that teach designers and engineers how to use components and patterns across design and code
• Design low-level, foundational systems and frameworks that enable product designers and engineers to create high-quality user experiences across different product areas, geographies, and platforms
• Design Dev hand-off workflow for better delivering Design to the Tech team.
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years experience as a product designer working directly with design systems.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to design for digital platforms, including web and mobile. Awareness of inclusive design principles and best practices.
- Experience contributing to mature design systems including component design, documentation, and education
- Take pride in creating strong foundational systems and understand how to evolve them over time. You can recognize patterns across multiple product areas and predict future needs
- Care deeply about helping other designers and engineers. You understand the needs of both and can design high leverage tools and processes that enable collaboration
- Have a sharp eye for detail in design and can collaborate with engineers to ensure the implementation considers that detail when applied with different constraints
- Can communicate large, complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You understand that system-wide changes impact more than just designers and engineers and can understand how and when to communicate those changes
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn More about Polygon