About this role
The Design Foundations team at Netflix is searching for a Data Visualization Designer to work closely with the Data Science & Insights team. This role's objective is two-fold: 1) develop creative and scalable data visualization solutions for analytical tools and applications 2) be a leading voice and establish best practices & guidelines for scalable Data Visualization across a portfolio of products deeply rooted in connected data and ML insights.
As a Data Visualization Designer on the team, you will closely collaborate with product managers, data scientists, engineers, and prototypers to take on fast-evolving challenges solving complex human workflow and data problems.
You should be passionate about delivering quality at scale and bring organizational vision, structure, and leadership to help teams succeed.
About the team
The Design Foundations team brings together Design Systems, Accessibility, Data Visualization, and Design Strategy + Architecture as a cohesive unit. It is part of Core XD, a horizontal team whose mission is to enable quality and innovation at scale for the design org. We are accelerators and partners, with collaboration and the success of product teams at the heart of what we do.
Although Netflix is an established company, in many ways, we leverage the best of startups. The organization is flat, individual responsibility is significant, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process. As a result, we endeavor to stay nimble and make decisions quickly.
What you will do
- Establish best practices and guidelines to up level the data visualization skills of the organization.
- Guide roadmap prioritization of high impact components and patterns.
- Collaborate with product, data science, engineering, systems, and design technology partners to lead and develop product and design strategies
- Collaborate with data science & insights teams to gain a deep understanding of the audience and their needs
- Advocate for the user, and drive a holistic UX vision that pushes the status quo
- Bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems
- Create simple, intuitive product experiences for complex data insights and workflows in the realm of data science, machine learning, and API services
- 6+ years of Data Visualization Design experience working on AI/ML/data science products
- Ability to abstract key data visualization artifacts for our design system
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams
- Self-starter with creative problem-solving skills
- Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
- A willingness to fail and learn
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well
- A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling