Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic product designer to join our Core Experience team that is responsible for crafting the mobile app experience for Spotify. This team is at the heart of innovation at Spotify, developing new features and experiences for our listeners. You will be working alongside a talented design team and collaborating with cross-functional squads to reimagine the experience of discovering and listening to a huge variety of audio content for millions of listeners around the globe.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the design of Spotify’s core mobile experiences; helping listeners find content they’re looking for, be inspired by discovering new content, and figuring out how to best distribute content across the experience to improve reach & impact
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Engage with and contribute to the Experience Mission design organization.
Who you are
- You have at least 4+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies and experience designing for iOS & Android mobile platforms.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have a meaningful impact.
- You are an incredible designer, with the ability to think big as well as the passion and persistence to polish the details.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- You love to collaborate with other designers and people from other fields.
- You have basic knowledge of machine learning and how it can be demonstrated to create a better user experience.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting specific examples in your portfolio.
We're looking for product designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our work from anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.