HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for independent small businesses. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by independent businesses across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $6B in business on our platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the independent economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As our Product Designer, Communications, you will shape HoneyBook's brand and customer purchase journey. You have a range of product design and visual communications skills to redefine the space between Product Growth and Marketing design. You will partner closely with cross-functional peers to translate high-level strategy into beautiful, compelling user experiences across all platforms. You will also be a part of the initial New York team and at the core of establishing its culture.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and engineers across the company to identify needs, gaps, and brand messages to convey from top of funnel through onboarding and inside the platform; rally with teammates to design a purchase journey that makes our customers convert
- Contribute to, evolve, and test strategies through visual storytelling with other brand and product designers, and the larger design organization to further our brand expression
- Shape visuals for diverse platforms and collaborate with illustrators and graphic designers to communicate our platform’s unique benefits
- Commit to understanding and advocating for our users’ wants and needs more than anyone else in the company — emotionally, behaviorally, cognitively — their functional needs and pains, using in-depth research and hard data
- Rapidly test hypotheses to validate and refine your concepts and improve your designs; grow with your iterations and continuously improve them through feedback and data
Here is what you possess:
- A truly creative mind that enjoys balancing intuition, aspiration, and the need to craft simple solutions out of complex problems, with a strong eye for detail
- A solid understanding of the latest interaction design patterns in responsive web and a flair for pushing the boundaries of mobile web
- Ability to champion concepts, you know how to explore multiple concepts simultaneously, rapidly, and bring forward a solution; strong passion for innovating on current norms, questioning better techniques or approaches
- Practice evaluating data and partnering with research teams to help inform design iterations and shipping decisions
- Ability to actively manage your own priorities and schedule, aligning your day-to-day work with expected deliverables and milestones
- 4+ years experience as a designer, shipping experiences across marketing, product, or social
- Several years of experience working with embedded product or marketing teams, and building close relationships with Engineering and other partners to craft innovative design metaphors and landing pages to up-level our company’s brand and value to customers
- Fluency in Figma, Sketch, or equivalent
- You have great taste — where others see a typical design problem, you see a branding opportunity or new way to explain a concept
- Interface animation or motion skills
- Experience working on, or even marketing SaaS-type products
- You’ve owned a business or have worked as an independent doing something you love
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
Follow us on Medium and Instagram and catch the latest stories about HoneyBook. Read about what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.