Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 170 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Insight Partners, Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue this growth, the Product team is looking for a talented and experienced Product Designer, capable of providing and transforming mission-critical goals, insights on behavior, and user motivation into pleasurable, data-rich - but never data overwhelming - product interfaces and websites. We think that the practice of proper product design principles should feel like an excellent excuse to reach the outstanding. Consequently, as a Product Designer at CARTO, you will elaborate on your decisions and back brilliant execution with flawless logic and purpose.
The position is open to remote, but it’s also possible to work from our offices in Madrid or Seville.
- Create and maintain specifications, interface guidelines, and standards across the Marketing and Product teams.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to translate design concepts into interactive and responsive websites using Webflow.
- Provide the Marketing team with graphics for marketing campaigns based on brand guidelines and specific project needs.
- Be exposed and be able to shape the beautiful complexity of building map-making and data analysis interfaces, which is nothing short of breathtaking. If this does not get you going, nothing will.
- Learn a lot about data and analytics, which is a necessity to do the job well.
- Meet, discuss, and learn with and from a blended team of engineers, geographers, product managers, data scientists, marketers, designers, and other spatial data experts.
- Help define the product, openly refuse to be at the end of the cascade, and inject yourself into research and problem-shaping activities. As a Product Designer, you will be finding the proper questions that provide actionable insights to your craft.
- Develop visual design concepts and systems that incorporate analytics and research into iterative design solutions.
- Proven professional experience using Figma, Webflow and Adobe, and a good understanding of their features, limitations and best practices.
- A strong design portfolio with relevant references built with the aforementioned tools to share with your application.
- Bonus points for some experience with HTML/CSS.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, effectively communicate ideas, and contribute to creative discussions.
- Experience working in the marketing and design of digital B2B products, with at least 3 years experience in a studio or product design environment.
- Your visual design skills are on point but are not just skin deep; you are also a conceptual thinker and hopefully an original one too.
- Great layout and typographic skills.
- You are also willing to construct and collaborate on the thinking originated by others.
- You understand design as an ever evolving iterative processSome rapid prototyping experience will not hurt.
- Experience with Design Systems.
- Fluent in English, and with a good level of Spanish being ideal.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
- Contribute to a platform used by top companies around the world. Your work will have a direct impact on our users and clients.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Education stipend
- Remote work stipend
- Flexible compensation
- English classes
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram
Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers