BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join the Product & Design Team. The role of the Product Design Team is to translate members' needs and business insights into a Seamless & Delightful End-to-End experience. You will be working on the demand side of our product: designing a best-in-class passenger experience.
When asked what they like about working at BlaBlaCar, our Product Designers mention: “We are involved early in projects”, “We rely a lot on data to make decisions", "We're designing a service that is actually changing how millions of people travel”, “We dive into fascinating topics like social interactions, trust mechanisms in different countries, value of comfort, or perception of time”, “We save a lot of time by working with our own design system and have the ability to build high fidelity prototypes”, “We work in a company with a strong design culture that embraces the value of UX”.
- Act as an advocate for our users, both within the product team and the rest of the organization
- Work closely with a small cross-functional team (product managers, product marketing managers, developers, data analysts, designers, content designers) that has a strong design culture and focus on research
- Define real and precise user problems to solve by collaborating with product, data and research through analyzing large amounts of data, seeking out & gathering deep customer insights with different exploratory tools and methods
- Build smart, scalable and consistent end-to-end experience by applying a rigorous design process from overarching story, to architecture, to micro interaction, using design systems as a guiding framework
- Create design documentation and high fidelity prototypes for sharing your work with both new and informed stakeholders
- You have 5+ years of hands-on user experience design, including designing mobile/web apps
- You love to dig into problems and identify user problems to deliver simple, scalable and measurable solutions in an efficient and fast way
- Your passionate about every UX touch point from research, to pixels, micro interaction and content
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy sharing and learning from others
- You are organized, results-driven, and are able to prioritize in a changing environment
- Your are fluent in English
- Nice to have: Previous experience working with Figma
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment: 45 nationalities across 6 countries: Brazil, France, Poland, Russia, Spain, and Ukraine.
- ⚖️ A flexible workplace: with our hybrid remote setup and family-friendly policies, we are masters of our own schedules and work-life balance, no questions asked.
- 💡 A culture of sharing: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, Q&A sessions with our leadership, shared company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make dev’ dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our weekly breakfasts and afterworks, or show off your talent at our annual BlaBlaShow
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.