? Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalized and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 250,000 members, representing over €160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 450+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain ?? and Belgium ??, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
? How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
? Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
? About the role
Product Designers work in the product organisation and are instrumental in defining the product strategy. They shape the product from early stage research to product delivery. Product Designers work closely with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineers.
Product designers use personal skills and leverage collective intelligence in a holistic approach in order to create meaningful, human experiences.
We recently launched in Belgium, we believe having a local perspective and culture is central to success. You will be able to carry the product design vision for the evolution of the product.
You will be part of a community of designers building out the team, a group learning and growing together.
- Make the decision process easier by helping the team explore, generate ideas and develop a product vision.
- Build an understanding of our different members to nurture product thinking and transform insights into actionable opportunities.
- Work hand in hand with researchers, product managers and engineers from identifying problems and opportunities to implementing solutions and delivering the product.
- Deliver a UI that is consistent with Alan’s brand while rationalizing the design choices and share the logic and variables behind the design.
- Create and help maintain components (e.g. design system) and documentation for the use of designers and developers.
- Help the team develop its design understanding and sensibility by communicating around design tools, methods, processes and craft.
- Evaluate the quality of Alan’s product through direct observations and user testing.
?Products you may work on
- Company experience: Enable companies to subscribe to Alan and manage efficiently the health insurance of their employees
- Member experience: Help members access healthcare with their Alan health insurance easily
- Better life: Empower our members to take care of their health with for example, Alan Baby for new parents, Alan Mind for mental health and many more to come.
- Internal tools: Support our teams like Care team, Health team and Sales team with efficient tools so they can focus on our members.
Discover more with the following articles:
- Minimum ~5 years experience working with product and managing projects with end-to-end product design.*
- User-centric and problem-solving mindset to navigate complex UX obstacles in a thoughtful and logical way.
- Ability to investigate and challenge strategic questions, explore and define uncharted territory, and help the team make a choice and reach this vision.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate design decisions and open to feedback from the teamDetail-oriented, with broad expertise in UI, UX, and visual design and able to deliver production-ready assets for development.
- Fluency in English. French is not mandatory.
* Please keep in mind that seniority and compensation are defined during the interview process.
? Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.