About the Role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Product Designer, you’ll drive research, design, and best practices for our growing product. We’re looking for a systems-level thinker with a dedication to craft who enjoys collaborating with product management, engineering, and other designers to create intuitive, delightful, and innovative experiences.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Create solutions that make the process of designing and selling solar easy and intuitive for solar professionals
- Drive solutions towards the articulated vision through an iterative and cross-functional process
- Assist in maintaining and updating the design system for our product suite
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to develop elegant solutions that delight our users
- Drive product design process from research, high-level user journeys, concepts, wireframes, and prototypes all the way to excellent visual execution
- Rapidly produce pixel-perfect and low-fidelity concepts and prototypes
- Inform and guide the work of team membersby providing clear, helpful, and actionable feedback
- Evaluate user observations and interviews to uncover insights and create an exceptional user experience
What we value:
- 3+ years experience shipping responsive web and/or mobile applications
- An excellent visual designer who cares about delivering meaningful beauty with a great eye and passion for aesthetics and design systems
- A portfolio that showcases a systems-level approach to solutions with attention to beauty
- Dedication to craft and ability to iterate rapidly
- Ability to conduct user research, user interviews, usability testing, and to know when each is needed
- A great advisor who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm and illustrate concepts, and effectively showcase stories
- Knowledge of animation and complex transitions is a plus
- Working knowledge of building out complex consumer-grade B2B products is a plus
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.