The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB
is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
Product Design at AtoB
At AtoB, design is a mission-critical function that grounds our business, our understanding of customers, and how we build products. The emphasis on user experience has made us stand out in the market, and is one of our key competitive advantages.
The Product Design team is a small but mighty team of 1, but this is where you come in! We’re excited to bring on more product designers to work on new and existing product areas. As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the product, own your career journey, and contribute to building the design team and culture.
The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced environments with a lot of ambiguity. We have a wide product surface area, from our flagship fuel card, employee payroll, mobile apps, analytics & reporting, telematics integrations, and more.
What you'll do
- Deeply understand the unique needs and workflows of our customers, to ensure they’re infused into the products we build
- Own the end-to-end design of product features: interview users, synthesize insights, leverage quantitative data, prototype concepts, create high-quality designs, and conduct usability tests
- Partner with PMs, engineers, customer success, and other cross-functional stakeholders tobrainstorm, define, and implement new product offerings
- Develop and expand product design systems
- Evangelize design within your product team and across the company
- 3+ years of product design experience, startup experience is a huge plus
- Strong craftsmanship in visual design, and UX
- Strong communication skills and able to articulate design work, process, and decisions to cross-functional teams
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools
- Experienced in designing responsive web applications. Mobile app design is a plus
- You have an ownership mentality. Every employee here is deeply invested in the success of our business and making customers happy. Those that can work autonomously, and proactively will often find themselves fitting right in.
- You balance strong opinions with a team-first attitude. We're looking for someone who comes with and articulates a clear point of view — and who has the savvy to integrate that vision with that of the team.
- You relentlessly push to ship the highest quality products. But know how to balance perfectionism and practicality in order to get to impact quickly
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.