Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you passionate about making products accessible for all? Are you a product designer who can bring teams together to solve complex problems?
We're looking for a mid-level Accessibility Product Designer to focus on the next evolution of the Jira Platform. You will ensure that all of the platform experiences that we share across multiple Jira products are accessible and meet industry standards.
Your future team
Jira Platform is part of our Cloud Platform team that enables Atlassian products to create ways to help all teams to come together, collaborate, and control their workflows. This team is the foundation for Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Jira Work Management, Jira Align, and any future Jira product. Jira Platform offers the components, infrastructure, consistent experiences, and best-practices for teams to design and ship high-quality apps. One of our top priorities is to make sure that all our user interfaces are accessible for people with disabilities.
What you'll do
- You will partner with engineers, product managers and designers to design and deliver beautiful, accessible solutions and evolve the Jira Platform experiences from an accessibility point of view.
- Report to our Senior Design Manager in the Jira Platform team and work with the centralised Atlassian Accessibility Team.
- Use your understanding of assistive technology requirements to guide your team's implementation of Accessibility design.
- Co-create and roll-out the integration of Accessibility design principles throughout the software development lifecycle in Jira Platform.
- Work with Jira Platform cross-discipline leaders to propose, seek agreement, and support the Accessibility program of work.
- In your first year you will work with your team (content design, product manager and engineers) to eliminate important Accessibility issues in Jira Platform experiences. In the second year you will move onto providing the design guidance to Jira product teams that need to work on the full range of Accessibility issues.
- Professional UX / product design experience, designing complex or enterprise-level software.
- Hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer, working across the entire end-to-end design process, from very early-stage research, brainstorming to iteration and implementation.
- Designing for inclusive and accessible experiences is your area of expertise.
- Subject matter expertise in Accessibility on web platforms, knowledge of Accessibility requirements (e.g., Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, WCAG) and experience with Assistive Technologies on Windows and Mac platforms.
- Experience implementing Accessibility in UI components, including interoperability with Assistive Technologies.
- Experience working directly with members of the disability community or assistive technology vendors is a plus.
- Solid research knowledge, i.e. you can define what user research needs to be done (and you're excited to do some yourself) and use existing research findings in your work.
- Experience working with fellow designers, product managers and engineers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.