Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
About Klarna Design
We are a multidisciplinary design community, consisting of Product Designers, Brand Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers, Front-end Designers and Design Operations. We love to create appealing and distinctive experiences within our products, services and brand. We possess a clear vision for building a strong community, passion and drive for great customer experience that goes above and beyond.
About the role
You will be part of one of the multidisciplinary teams who design smoooth shopping experiences for customers so they can get what they love with Klarna. You will manage your team's career development and push the quality bar beyond what we already achieved. You will empower your designers and offer strategic insight in how we can shape our product to serve from smaller and medium businesses, to also big enterprise solutions.
What you will do
- Responsible for aligning design strategy and growth of the design team in one of the business groups in Klarna
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers in your group and collaborate with Designers or Design Managers, UX Researchers, UX Writers and Marketers
- Work closely with Design leadership across different business units at Klarna to develop the design process, operations and practices at Klarna
- Lead and build a team of designers, providing guidance on the output, facilitating collaboration and improving the design process
- Responsible for hiring and growing a small-to-medium sized design team, contributing to development of design culture at Klarna along with other Design leaders
- Provide mentorship, champion the craft and career development of your team
- Foster an environment of diversity and trust, where designers can accomplish their best work
Who you are
- 7+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, 2+ years in people management
- Experience managing product designers, and the ability to build, mentor and motivate teamsHas a portfolio with work you personally designed and shipped, but also with examples of work of your team and their achievements
- Experience in articulating and synthesizing design problems and solutions to a cross-functional team of engineers, marketeers, data scientists
- Comfortable getting hands on when needed to help your group to achieve the desired outcomes
- Self-motivated and autonomous. Successfully prioritize and execute on the projects with quality outcomes
- Experience working in e-commerce, social media or fashion tech is a plus but not required
- This position is officially located in Milan but is remotely eligible for working Italy in the CEST (GMT+1).
Required when applying for this role
Your portfolio showcases a track record of designing and shipping products and relevant leadership experiences and practices combined. In case your portfolio is password protected, please provide the information with us in the application.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.