At Digit, we are on a mission to make financial health effortless for everyone. We are building the world's first intelligent bank account to help millions of American consumers become financially healthy. Our challenge is clear: managing personal finances is hard. As of 2019, 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability and over 40% don't have $400 in their savings account. We believe automation is our path to delivering our mission, and we are working towards it every day.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you're passionate about making an impact and helping real people every day we're excited to meet you!
We are looking for a Design Manager to join and lead a group of product designers on our growing design team! This is a great opportunity to help redesign the way our members interact with their finances and help them to discover what financial health means and improve their financial lives. While Digit's worldwide HQ is in San Francisco, CA, this role is open anywhere in the US. This role reports to our Head of Design & Research.
As A Manager You Can:
- Work directly with designers through feedback and collaborative and iterative design working sessions.
- Work with cross-functional partners and leaders to set vision, define strategy and build roadmaps.
- Support the growth of designers careers and skillset through direct mentorship and training.
- Actively contribute to building team culture and processes to bring teams closer and improve collaboration.
- Champion design quality, attention to detail and focusing on impact through designing experiences that best support our members financial health.
- Collaborate closely with research and analytics teams to better understand how members interact with our products.
- Dive deeply into complex problem and product spaces to better understand what we are building, who we are building for and how to support designers in their work.
What We're Looking For:
- 7 years experience in product design focused roles.
- 2+ years managerial experience with direct reports under your guidance.
- Experience leading efforts to build and improve the culture of teams and cross functional partnerships.
- Exceptional product design skills including user experience, user interface design, and information architecture.
- Expertise with Figma and all aspects of the mobile and web product lifecycle.
- Highly empathic, leads with compassion, and is able to influence without need of authority.
- Compassion for our members and the importance of making financial health accessible by anyone, especially those who need it most.
- Exemplarily attention to detail and a high bar for quality.
- A strong emphasis on collaboration and the ability to leverage feedback as the driver of impact across projects.
- A strong communicator who works well with various teams, stakeholders and cross functional partners.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an inspirational leadership mentality that prioritized showing vs telling.
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what's most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $7B in cumulative savings and prevented $170M in overdraft fees. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We're committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if we're the right fit for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SF’s financial district
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don't discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.