We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
About Design at Plaid
The design team at Plaid is made up of product designers, design systems designers, brand designers, researchers, and content strategists who work with our cross-functional partners to create Plaid’s products & services and deepen Plaid’s understanding of the world around it.
What you’ll do
As the Product Design Manager for the Consumer product team at Plaid, you’ll play a key part in defining how Plaid’s consumer-focused products come to life. You’ll get a chance to collaborate with cross-functional partners to define strategy, lead and mentor designers on your team to deliver best-in-class fintech product experiences, and play a key role in the overall growth and development of design at Plaid.
What excites you
- Defining consumer strategy and thinking through how that comes to life in Plaid’s products
- Nurturing the growth and happiness of your team through mentorship and learning opportunities
- Upholding high standards in everything that you and your team do
- Giving clear feedback and requesting it from your team and coworkers
What excites us
- 8-10+ years of experience in Product Design, with at least 2 years experience managing Product Designers
- Experience building 0-1 consumer-facing products
- Excellent communication skills and a consistent track record of collaborating across teams and disciplines
- Demonstrating a growth mindset—proactively seeking out opportunities for improvement, whether for yourself, your team, or the way we do things
- Ability to move between high-level strategy conversations and details
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here