At Spotify Advertising, our part of that mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define the insights product for our business.
Help us build business tools that allow audio publishers to achieve the most from their work, and advertisers to connect with passionate audiences!
The Advertising team at Spotify is searching for a Product Designer to join our mission, dedicated to equipping advertisers to use Spotify’s streaming intelligence to drive brand-building outcomes, so that more creators can succeed in streaming.
Our Data Products offering invites brands to experiment – giving them rich metrics, audiences, and contexts to test-and-learn so that our clients are better marketers because they worked with Spotify.
We are looking for someone with experience partnering with technology, product, and insights teams to drive key company initiatives. This role requires passion and craft for developing strategies, frameworks, and product experiences based on insights from real people and an interest in developing the practice of design at Spotify.
Key to success in this role will be a manager with a “can do” mindset. The squad associated with this body of work is newly minted to the mission and it will require all those on the squad to roll up their sleeves and seek to define priorities in a new space.
What You'll Do:
- Directly manage a team of designers, supporting them as they drive their personal and professional growth.
- Influences and interprets the product vision to drive strategic execution of design through their team.
- Works with our designers to ensure we have a deep understanding of user needs and that their design solutions fit into a consistent product experience.
- Actively participates in key initiatives to help shape and guide solutions.
- Challenges status quo on creativity and quality of design work across their team.
- Work closely with Marketing and Insights to formulate clear design hypotheses & construct tasks.
- Promotes team’s design work to drive alignment across other teams.
- Proactively looks for and solves high-level issues and opportunities
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of people management experience with designers in an agile product development environment.
- You love creating design solutions that help make sense of complex data sets.
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers, user research teams, and engineering leads.
- You are an on-the-ground leader who knows how to problem solve and provide strategic direction.
- You have a keen eye for detail and can give effective direction and feedback to designers on the team.
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/experiences that truly have meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio, or a PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here .
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.