We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
Reporting into the COO, you will lead our product design team and ship impactful work, ideally based out of our San Francisco office.
We are passionate about helping startups succeed. This is a rare opportunity to join the company at the nerve center of the startups ecosystem. By working at AngelList, you will gain an unparalleled education in both venture financing and founding a startup; we strive for every employee to be a customer through our Funders and Founders program.
The AngelList Design team works at the intersection of product, legal, and brand to shape and choreograph an exceptional customer experience for both startup teams and investors. We have a unique product design culture where designers and engineers define and ship products together without barriers. Teams are as small as possible and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low management. At AngelList, designers and engineers take direct ownership of product experiences. It's a self-starting environment and for those whom it’s a fit, it’s a very rewarding environment.
As the Product Design Lead, you will lead all product design efforts, collaborate with a cross-functional team executing on the core product experience across our Build, Invest, and Lead products, while working to invent new products 0-1. We take a horizontal view of the AngelList Venture product suite, collaborating with product and engineering partners to build the platforms, primitives, personalization, and design systems that power our apps and drive our experiences.
- Recruit and hire a stellar design team
- Manage and develop direct reports within the product design team
- Help guide company and product strategy
- Pinpoint edge cases, future problems, changing variables, potential integrations, and implementation processes when reviewing the team's work
- Provide cross-functional guidance to engineering, marketing, sales, legal and operations
- Develop deep relationships with partners to effectively speak to design processes, design goals, and deliver user insights that inform product and go-to-market decisions
- Take full ownership.
- You will help scope, drive, and measure the success of multiple workstreams
- Be a leading voice in charting the future of AngelList Design
- Inspire the team by bringing new ideas to the table
- Play an integral role in cross-functional strategic planning efforts to understand and bridge business priorities with design output
- Learn the venture financing business inside-out, from the ground up
- 10+ years of design experience within product design or design systems
- Proven track record of delivering impactful and beautiful products that customers love
- A strong point of view on design direction with an openness to new ideas
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- An intense desire to solve customer problems
- Very strong sense of urgency and demonstrable experience shortening design and launch cycles
- Consistent examples of demonstrating rigorous thinking
- Experience using design to solve complex workflow problems
- Past experience of displaying taking ownership over projects
- Using creativity to solve problems most people thought were not possible
- Ability to compress company strategy into a simple formula
- Proven experience recruiting a stellar design team
- (Optional) Industry Context.
- An understanding of core financial concepts and venture finance.
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world).
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.