Dropbox has a bunch of projects in the pipeline, including opportunities to revamp existing experiences across web, client, and mobile. There are plenty of UX challenges to solve for across Dropbox’s suite of products, as we continue to redefine tools that help people capture, share, and leverage their digital content. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that shape the product you work on. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build magical experiences. As a Product Design Intern, you’ll work with the a cross functional team through product development process to test out your ideas at all levels of fidelity, and learn what details matter at each stage of a sprint cycle.
- Embed directly in one of our product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers, writers, researchers, product managers, and engineers
- Employ a systematic process for finding and resolving hidden complexities and edge cases
- Produce work that encompasses the distinctive look and feel of Dropbox’s products
- Think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- Speak and present compellingly about design to stakeholder
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Design (graduating in/after Dec 2023)
- Ability to design across platforms (mobile, web, desktop, etc)
- Demonstrate design systems thinking and ability make rational design decisions
- Understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical
- Understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Bonus points for motion, iconography, UX system flows, modern UI visuals, prototyping skills, front end web development
- Polishing and refining your work is important to you, you obsess over details to ensure everything is pixel-perfect
- Familiarity with design tools, preferably Figma
- A portfolio of work submitted with at least one project that demonstrates your product design capabilities. To be submitted with your application, whether it’s product (UX, UI, or both) mobile, web, in-app or elsewhere
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary work experience.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) rate for the role is $8,500/montly, subject to change.
alary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include:
Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off
Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’sproductivity, learning & development, wellness, co-working spaces
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Please provide us with a personal email address rather than a school email address so that Dropbox can communicate effectively with you.