The Dash team is on a mission to organize workflows. We are building a daily use product that automatically organizes an individual and teams’ content, allows customers to instantly find what they need and take action across any ecosystem and device.
This role will be focused on crafting excellent experiences for our customers to organize and interact with their content. The Dash team has an ambitious scope as the owners of some of most innovative parts of the Dropbox experience. Among other things, we have primary responsibility for our Dropbox Dash is a universal search tool that connects over 45 online services like Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Slack, and Salesforce—as well native documents, messages, and other info you need.
You’ll collaborate closely with our many partner teams to craft seamless end-to-end journeys that touch almost every aspect of the Dropbox experience. You’ll also play a key role in defining processes, teaching best practices, and elevating the craft bar across the Dash design team, both by mentoring other designers and by being a thought partner with the design manager.
- Driving discovery and planning with your PM partner on immediate roadmaps and longer term strategies related to Dash team scope.
- Running sprints or related exercises to work quickly through synthesizing insights and solution iterations with regular contact with customers throughout.
- Executing detailed and thorough designs accounting for edge cases and technical constraints.
- Socializing and collaborating with your immediate team in addition to more broadly across Dropbox.
- Mentoring members of our team in methods, craft, communication, and socialization.
- 7+ years of UX-related work experience
- Steadfast empathy for our users, their lives, and what they hope to gain from using Dropbox.
- Excellent interaction design and visual craft skills including some experience with prototyping.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers across organizational boundaries.
- Ownership mindset with a bias towards action, helping to drive teams and projects forward.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects from discovery through shipping/iteration.
- Prior experience designing for rich Web apps. Experience designing for mobile apps is preferred but not required.
- Culture builder with excitement around building trusting and collaborative environments
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Comfortable with travel, potentially quarterly post-COVID.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $146,200 - $172,000 - $197,800.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is in the process of updating our technology to provide pay ranges in New York City based on the recent amendments to the New York City Human Rights Law (NYCHRL). If you are based in NYC and have any questions about the pay range for this role, please contact paytransparency@ and provide your name and the job title to which you are interested in applying.