We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join the Global Monetization Product Marketing team. Our Monetization Product Marketing team partners with our product teams to build innovative new ad solutions by defining market requirements and developing go to market strategies to increase product adoption and revenue growth.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our rapidly growing ads business. You will be joining a fast-paced environment where you interface daily with cross-functional experts - partnering with the global product and R&D teams to introduce new and innovative ad formats and privacy controls. Partnering with other team members on Platform Integrity, you will also help to ensure that Spotify maintains its leadership position as a safe and responsible place for brands to share their message.
You will tap into your creative, analytical, and execution strengths; crafting and executing on new approaches to complex problems such as collecting data and maintaining our user’s data privacy. Because ads are an important part of Spotify, your work will change the way the world experiences music and podcasts too.
What You'll Do:
- Understand market requirements and self-regulatory standards, and working cross-functionally to help advise the roadmap for data privacy
- Participate in industry-wide working groups and conversations to help improve industry understanding of the audio ecosystem, while identifying opportunities for Spotify to take a leadership role
- Act as subject matter authority on privacy, educate internal terms on the competitive landscape and provide market intelligence to advise Spotify’s ad products strategy locally and globally
- Build consensus around a vision for data privacy at Spotify - aligning key stakeholders and building a clear narrative & messaging
- Ensure privacy messaging is embedded in go-to-market collateral for all relevant launches of new products; partner closely with other teams in our Advertising Business Unit, Legal, R&D, and others
- Gather and distill client feedback about our current product suite and identify new opportunities to drive revenue and adoption for existing products, serving as the voice of the customer to the Product and Engineering teams that build and lead our targeting products
Who You Are:
- A min of 6-7+ years of experience within the digital advertising industry with a keen understanding of privacy
- Experience working with GDPR, CCPA and current trends on privacy is required
- Track record of influencing senior partners in both sales and product teams
- You have an interest in telling stories that are backed by thoughtful data analysis
- You have a track record of collaborating with a variety of cross-functional partners in a fast-paced environment to define market requirements and effectively bring products to market.
- You become comfortable with ambiguity and remain passionate about customer needs.
- You can explain the value of highly technical concepts in human, relatable, compelling language. You have experience presenting to large groups and meeting with senior customers.
- You’re passionate about how we can demonstrate the value of using Spotify’s data to reach the streaming generation.
Where You'll Be:
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- While we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern or West time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.