About the job
Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re traveling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
With Viator, they’ve experienced the best of the world’s oldest cities, and rediscovered their hometowns through new eyes. They’ve faced their fears ziplining across the jungles of Costa Rica, hot air ballooning above Turkey’s Cappadocia, and trekking through the glaciers of New Zealand. Over wine-tasting and walking tours, they’ve reunited with family and friends after COVID-enforced separations.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travelers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences, and activities.
We’re used by millions of travelers to find everything from walking tours and wineries, to cooking classes and catamarans, to sailing and spelunking, to bus tours and breweries. Our hundreds of thousands of experiences are in nearly every country around the world. And our team is international, too. We have people in Singapore, Sydney, Oxford, London, Lisbon, Reykjavik, Boston, San Francisco, and more.
The Viator B2B Experiences product team is seeking an enthusiastic, data fluent Principal Product Manager to join the team on our mission to create an experience that’s complete, inspiring, simple and compelling, the first time, the next time and every time that our customers travel. You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions and grow as a product management professional.
In this role you will work at the core part of our operator experience: helping Viator to create value for our operators through strategic marketplace solutions like Ad-Solutions. You will make it easier for them to get more travelers to book their tours and activities.
What You Will Do
- Lead key initiatives in our Operator Marketplace solutions team
- Build new capabilities or optimize existing products to drive the business forward against established revenue and growth goals
- Ensure we have clear understanding of customer needs drawing on user research, voice of the customer insights and analysis of existing performance data
- Define success metrics, KPIs and monitor ongoing product performance, taking action where necessary to improve performance
- Undertake competitor analysis
- Build investment cases for your product in collaboration with product leadership
- Set the delivery plan and medium to near term roadmap for your product, prioritizing deliverables and activities for the team to best achieve the stated business outcomes,
- Create user stories that clearly articulate the solutions to identified customer problems to the cross functional team building the solution
- Work with design and engineering in multiple engineering pods to define and deliver the end solution
- Work with Product Marketing, Sales and Account management and CRM to bring new solutions to the market
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of product management experience using agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- B2B facing product management experience (desired)
- Strong logical reasoning, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity driven mindset that seeks to understand customer problems and build products that solve for those problems and customers love to use
- Completely comfortable with using data and data tools to build understanding and insight
- The passion to deliver a high quality user experience
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors; motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic
- Strong motivation to be successful in a product management career; product management experience not required
- Strong technical know-how, with an excellent understanding of web & app technologies
- Familiarity with data insight tools such as Tableau
- Experience with JIRA
Where you will be
Viator is a remote-first company, seeking to provide an environment of ultimate flexibility and trust within our teams but with regular access to one of our global hubs, in this case our Oxford office. If you would like to work in the office, at home or as a hybrid between the 2 then Viator provides that flexibility.
Viator’s Remote-first Experience Is Centered Around
- Intentionality and making our time together count. For some, this will mean traveling to be with colleagues on a regular basis. For some, it will mean being in the office for specific training, development, and growth. And for others, it will mean choosing to be in the office a couple times each week to foster connection.
- Empowerment: Entrusting teams and individuals to work together to best harmonize the personal with the professional.
- Diversity, and recognizing that our teams and employees have different needs – location, responsibility, hours worked, and collaboration levels. Different teams and different people will take different approaches. Some of our team members will be located remotely. Some will be near our offices.
- Trust and focusing on the quality of work above all.