Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
As the Product Manager for Home you will lead the strategy and vision for this most prominent discovery surface and the main facilitator of navigation for a Roblox user. You will report to the Head of Discovery. You will solve a diverse range of challenges, including but not limited to:
- Developing cutting edge discovery systems.
- Creating compelling and effective Home organization and navigation models.
- Maximizing the long-term size of the platform while balancing the many-sided marketplace needs to get there including users, creators, and content types like experiences, avatar items, friend recommendations, ads, and more.
- Helping Roblox achieve global success across all ages, while ensuring a trusted and safe discovery system
- Figuring out the relationship between Home and other discovery surfaces
- Providing relevant and compelling evidence to inform user choices
- Build a vision and strategy that delights users and creators and leads to industry-defining innovation that leverages the unique qualities of Roblox.
- Map user, community, and platform value to traceable Home metrics and machine learning objectives to support a variety of diverse applications
- Deeply understand content demand, supply, and how discovery and machine learning recommendations drive that flywheel.
- Work across the company to accomplish your vision, understand and strategize content supply and demand, and collaborate with other relevant product areas like creator analytics.
- Manage from vision through the product life cycle from planning through to launch.
- Deterministically find and prioritize the most impactful challenges by analyzing complex (multi-dimensional) trade-offs.
- Provide guidance and insights to non-technical audiences and hold your own with world-class experts on machine learning and data science.
- Post graduate education (MS or PhD) in a technical or applied quantitative field such as: Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Operations research, Information theory, Control theory, Econometrics or similar experience.
- 4+ years experience using mathematical modeling and machine learning to solve business problems, especially search and recommendation systems.
- 6+ years of product management experience, ideally with a consumer technology product.
- Ability and experience building products from first principles, leading to industry-defining innovation.
- Ability to balance an incredibly complex multi-sided marketplaces.
- Understanding how to leverage machine learning, its future potential, and build a strategy to execute with a cross-functional team.
- Expertise working with design, data science, analytics, engineering, user research, and product marketing.
- Domain experience with user generated content (UGC) and social.
- Passionate about defining what the metaverse means for people of all ages and the strategy to grow it to billions of people globally.
- Support arguments via data, insights and clear logic chains and convey ideas through well-written memos, detailed specifications or wireframes.
- Thrive in an environment with competing resources and priorities.
- High degree of independent drive.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.