Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Product Design Leader on AR/VR reporting to the Director of Product Design, Apps, at Roblox, you will work with creative, technical and brand teams to provide design direction, create elegant designs and explore thoughtful app patterns for uncharted territories. This leadership role balances setting the vision for evolving our universal app platform with navigating cross-team and cross-discipline relationships to define, test and build creative spatial UX/UI components for our future horizon universal app. This requires an imaginative approach on how 2D and 3D app patterns and components can co-exist, and a point of view on how these new patterns will help us embrace 3D and immersion across our app ecosystem. You will lead the vision, strategy and execution of our immersive experiences strategy, with partnership opportunities across our products across Apps and Social. As you deliver our new visual and spatial expression across our ecosystem, you'll improve the hearts and minds of our users around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business.
- Grow and mature our Spatial / Immersion pillar by pioneering new foundations, components, practices and methodologies in 3D interaction and experience models
- Oversee the strategy and implementation of our new Spatial / Immersion pillar, build the storyline of how we embrace 3D and deliver a scalable solution across mobile, desktop, console, TV, VR and beyond
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Partner with designers, artists, and engineers to create transformative, captivating and empowering experiences across our ecosystem of platforms and devices
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define concepts and bring new ideas to life in product
- Work extremely with Engineering to provide a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work close with Design leadership and bring your unique perspective to influence how we mature and evolve our design studio culture and how we make greater impact across the company
- Experienced, with 7+ years of professional career experience as a UX or product designer with deep experience developing spatial user experiences. You have several years operating in a lead capacity or at a principal level. A Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, UX, Game Design, AR/VR, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- A Leader, who is accountable for creativity, design quality and cohesion across all product teams, managing a small team of creatives who explore and prototype, elegant, and spatial experiences and components with a high degree of polish
- A Master Artisan, with a love for details, a natural sense for systems design, VR, AR, game design and an experience with working with new technologies
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging an iterative design process including sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes, feature development in collaboration with partners.
- Entrepreneurial, having a mindset that leans into being self organized with your time and work, able to scope out resource needs to accomplish projects, and flexible with ambiguity.
- Creative, by using existing frameworks to creatively produce designs, new styles and patterns to enhance the design expression and experience of our Roblox's products
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.