We help our customers create time for what matters most, feel happier and more productive in their work, and get closer to achieving their full potential.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
BUILD LOVE 💜
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT 🚀
We're not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We're solving one of the most fundamental, age-old challenges for humanity: effective communication.
We've transformed email into an experience that creates delight, but our goal is to build the productivity platform of the future.
At Superhuman, you will have massive impact: on our Product Team as our first Principal Product Designer for our next product experience.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE 🌟
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit, and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it's possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
This time, we're swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how individuals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
- Join as the design lead for Superhuman’s next product. Lead the design strategy for an experience that will be best-in-class in its space
- Own the design vision and be an influential product partner. Drive the long-term goals and near-term roadmap for a new product pillar
- Proactively identify product opportunities through research, and bring clarity and insight through ideation and testing
- Work closely with Product and Engineering team to identify, plan, scope and execute end-to-end design experiences
- Facilitate in-depth design reviews with lead stakeholders, including the CEO, to dive into details from conception to launch, and to iterate towards perfection
- Conduct generative and evaluative research to understand our customers and target market
- Create prototypes of varying fidelity and lead user interviews to validate product directions
- Create a new design system by defining the visual language and interaction paradigms for a cross-platform experience on desktop and mobile
- Mentor designers and lead with your expertise as the design team grows
- Contribute to, refine and scale Superhuman’s design team culture and processes
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌
- Experience: You have 8+ years of experience in consumer-facing technology companies or startups.
- Expertise: You have a demonstrated mastery of product design, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, typography, and layout & visual hierarchy.
- Vision: You have led the design strategy of a product, turning long-term objectives into a product design roadmap that you execute against
- Curiosity: You love exploring new and existing paradigms to add to your repertoire of ideas and solutions. You are exceptionally curious about technology, design, product and people. You never feel done learning your craft.
- Innovation: You thrive in ambiguity and are excited by the opportunity to design processes that can help you understand, iterate and validate your design intuition and ideas.
- Delight & Empathy: You have empathy for customers and their journey. You deeply understand how customers think. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You enjoy creating delight.
- Excellent Communication: You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers.
- Collaborator: You can partner with a diverse team to achieve business results. You have experience facilitating discussions with engineers and product managers to drive strategy and execution.
- Appreciation of Quality: The details and nuances of your work are important to you. You are enthusiastic about your favorite products and can articulate why they're incredible. You are excited to build a premium brand.
- Location: We're open to you joining us in our San Francisco office, or from a home office anywhere in North America.
Taking Care of Your Future 🙏
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, 75% coverage for all your dependents.
- Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
- Free access to Northstar, a financial wellness platform that provides financial advisors + personal finance tools.
Generous Time Off 🏝
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- 10 additional company holidays, plus your own Care Day and Winter Break.
- Flexible parental leave.
Investing in Your Growth ✍️
- $3000 per year towards your professional development.
- Allyship education program to help build your best self.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- Custom MacBook Pro.
- $1000 budget for workstation setup.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.