Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Product Designer on ROS (the Roblox Operating System), you'll be focused on accelerating the systems that scale Roblox. ROS is our suite of internal applications that drive employee productivity, promote collaboration, and support the most creative workforce in the world. You'll be responsible for the UX architecture, design language, and user engagement of custom capabilities that scale Roblox. You will combine internal tools and third-party applications for People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Budgeting, Roadmapping, and Business Analytics. You'll also lead and mentor a team of designers owning the execution of these verticals.
You have experience leading and innovating in the internal application space, with a deep instinct for what great looks like with consumer-facing enterprise tools. You'll need to be strategic and create long-term design plans encompassing a suite of products, and uplevel the visual design language of ROS. Our company goal is to reach 1 billion users with optimism and civility, and you can't reach 1B users without ensuring every Roblox employee has a powerful platform behind the scenes.
You will report to the Sr. Product Design Manager.
- You'll audit, research, strategize and lead design for our in-progress ROS platform
- Listen, learn, empathize, and get close to PMs and engineers to understand their challenges, constraints and needs
- Create a visual design language for ROS
- Guide team collaboration, culture, and rituals throughout the design and development process
- Conduct your own UXR interviews, surveys and usability tests to inform and validate product design; synthesize results for stakeholder buy-in
- Oversee the execution of journey maps, system maps, service design blueprints, wireframes, prototypes, reusable components, interaction patterns and rigorous design specs
- Establish a scalable, flexible, and contextually-aware UX framework, patterns, guidelines, templates, and resources for consistency and quality across a suite of tools
- Proactively partner and collaborate with other Roblox product design teams building tools (e.g. moderation platform, customer support flows, infra dashboards)
- Ensure all ROS features are useful, understandable, efficient, easy to use, and valuable to internal Roblox employees
- Become a trusted partner by communicating and demonstrating the value of systems thinking through product design
- 7+ years experience in product design, information architecture, UX, or a related field
- Expert knowledge with consumer products and a high-quality bar with UX best practices for internal platforms
- An understanding of the entire product lifecycle, from running design sprints, conducting UX research, executing on design specs, launching, and iterating based on metrics
- Experience as a product design thought leader, influencing PMs and engineers, earning trust, evangelizing design, educating your partners on the UX process, bringing them along, and advocating for users
- Excellent creative, analytical, visual, interaction, and/or service design skills
- Great communication skills for partner teams and leads
- Your own design portfolio of products that showcases, functionality, clarity despite complexity, usability, and flow across an overall user experience
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.