Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
At Roblox, the Growth group runs point on the front-door to the metaverse. As a Principal Product Designer for Growth, there's no shortage of opportunity to drive and de-risk innovation through experimentation, while overhauling core discovery experiences like the homepage, search, notifications, etc. In addition to connecting people to rich metaverse experiences, our team is exploring how we can empower our growing, increasingly global user base to create and express themselves. At Roblox, we focus on the long view — with that privilege comes the responsibility and expectation that you're able to plan and execute against a vision. On this team you'll practice both the art and science of design, balancing business and user needs as you set a vision for your team, collaborate with and drive alignment across multiple product and design teams at Roblox. Your work will have a lasting impact as we "reimagine the way people come together" and embark on our mission to "connect a billion people with optimism and civility."
- Experienced with 8+ years of professional experience as a product designer and/or a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design or equivalent experience.
- A Collaborator that shares projects early and often while encouraging your peers to find constructive feedback from their manager, team members, partners and the Product Design team
- A leader who is accountable for design quality and cohesion across your area and who actively engages other designers to help them grow
- Precise with your time and work, and you will find resources to complete large-scale projects
- A Problem Solver who possesses a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- Inquisitive about product goals from both our mission and user's perspective, you'll promote a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the organization
- Innovative with your problem-solving by using existing frameworks to creatively produce designs and, where appropriate, new styles that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products
- Driven and constantly expanding your skills by actively seeking out new tools and techniques
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Own end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Partner with Engineering to provide a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Report to the Director of Product Design, Growth
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.