Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
Scaleway is looking for a Product Manager to handle our new suite of network edge products (LB, AntiDDoS, WAF), that allow our users to easily, securely and reliably expose their HTTP services to the public (the internet) via a single entry point.
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager of IaaS, you will be responsible for the launch and development of our family of products This includes defining the vision and roadmap (features as well as new services), building business plans (defining hardware and pricing strategy) and following up with delivery and support.
Collaborating with the Engineering Manager and your fellow PMs, your mission will be to bring value to Scaleway's clients with your products. You will be their primary point of contact. Not only within your team at Scaleway but also externally for any product-related concern.
- Be the heart and soul of network edge products to animate your product squad
- Own and communicate the vision, mission, and strategy for Scaleway’s network edge products.
- Create tight and meaningful relationships with different stakeholders (engineering, sales, marketing, support, and customers) to understand requirements and strategic goals in order to build an impactful vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Lead product research and discovery to understand competition, and users' needs and propose differentiating products and services.
- Write product requirements and business plans.
- Prioritize product developments in coordination with the product engineering team.
- Partner with our Engineering and Operations departments to deliver quality products on schedule.
- Follow up on hardware deployments to ensure the timely availability of new hardware products for Software Product teams.
- Monitor stock usage, plan supply, and follow up on deployments accordingly.
- Coordinate work across members of your product squad to ensure timely delivery and the release of impactful products and features.
- Experience as a product manager (3-5 years), including product strategy and discovery.
- Experience with computer network concepts and how cloud services are exposed to the Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams (DevOps, SRE, hardware) on a daily basis.
- Excellent command of English and French.
- Good knowledge of data center server hardware and virtualization.
- Good knowledge of networks (DNS, IP, Routing).
- Good knowledge of HTTP, reverse proxies, and load balancing.
- Good knowledge of the CDN market.
- Good knowledge of network security services WAF, Anti-DDoS, SSL/TLS.
- Notions of services’ capacity planning management.
- Knowledge of the cloud market and our competitors’ offerings.
- Understanding of software development, especially API/backend.
Based in our offices in Paris or in Lille, fully remote possible
Screening call (30 mins) with Diane PAUL - Talent Acquisition Manager
Manager Interview (60 mins) with Victor RAMIRO - Lead Product Manager of IaaS Products
Case of study: home assignment or live discussion about Product Management practices (60 mins) with other Product Managers
Team Interview: Engineering Manager (45 minutes)
HR Interview (45 mins) with Diane PAUL- Talent Acquisition Manager
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!