MO helps government leaders achieve their mission by designing intuitive and sustainable customer experiences that build trust and improve satisfaction. We use human-centered design to modernize and transform customer and employee experiences. We’re a small team of interdisciplinary creatives with mission, impact, and service to others deeply rooted in our DNA. We’re naive enough to believe we can change the world and bold enough to take the chance to do it.
We combine design thinking with agile delivery methods to drive visionary, human-centered products to market. Our custom solutions range in size from completely revamping an entire application to refreshing small pieces of a larger product. Everyone at MO directly impacts the direction and success of the company, and we own our roles. We value integrity, curiosity, and courage, and we operate collaboratively and with accountability while consistently challenging each other in the pursuit of excellence. At MO, we delight in creating one-of-a-kind products and experiences. Your imagination is the only limit on what you can do here!
Are you looking to make an impact? We are looking for a Sr Interaction Designer / Design Lead to partner with a UX Research Lead to guide a delivery team focused on modernizing in-person identity proofing at VA and driving user adoption of Login.gov. These efforts will reduce barriers to accessing care and benefits for Veterans, Caregivers, Families and Survivors.
Successful candidates will be responsible for designing the behavior of interactive products, from overarching interaction models down to detailed micro-interactions. Interaction Designers create the core scaffolding and guidelines (e.g., architecture, user flows, navigation models, etc.) that shape how users interact with customer experiences, digital services, digital and physical products, and collaborate closely with UX Researchers, Product Designers, Visual Designers, Content Strategists, Creative Technologists, FE Developers and Full Stack Engineers to bring these to life in the final product.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you are expected to represent depth in the craft of interaction design: as an individual contributor, as a mentor and guide for more junior colleagues, and as a contributor to our community of practice. You will often be the backbone of your projects from beginning to end. You will build a strategy, plan, prioritize, and deliver interaction design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices. You will have opportunities to lead small teams on projects and contribute to business development through proposal-writing and pitches.
What You’ll Do: Elate Veterans Interacting with the VA
- Conduct primary discovery / foundational research to deeply understand user, business, and technological needs and constraints.
- Conduct secondary research, including analogous research, extreme users, trend benchmarking and competitor analysis.
- Create design strategy and service design frameworks such as design customer journeys, service blueprints, ecosystem maps, archetypes / personas, storyboards, etc. based on inputs from discovery and UX research.
- Design wireframes, user flow diagrams and application maps.
- Create and test interactive prototypes, writing experiment / user testing guides.
- Define and prioritize opportunity areas and translate them into shareable concepts.
- Translate concepts, MVPs, prototypes, visual designs, business requirements, etc. into user stories and acceptance criteria; prioritize MVP features and build a hardened backlog of user stories.
- Make sense of complex systems or large volumes of data and content and represent them in simplified models.
- Refine concepts into meaningful narratives that speak to business opportunities, technical feasibility and organization set up.
- Identify the right interaction patterns to apply in each context and document interaction guidelines.
MO's Employee Value Proposition
- A fun, dynamic working environment with an energetic and diverse team
- A REMOTE first work environment
- An inclusive culture where everyone is welcome
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for career growth
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability in addition to Life Insurance (company sponsored)
All MO leaders are expected to lead with humility, embody our core values in their leadership, and hold their team accountable to the same. MO leaders are expected to ensure we are always growing by tackling hard problems, being strategic, and learning from others.
The starting pay range for this role is $115,372 - $138,472. In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, MO's job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility.
MO is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all interested candidates to apply. If you have more experience beyond what is detailed here, we’d be happy to take a look. If you meet most but not all of the requirements, we still want to hear from you.
This application will remain open until filled.