BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize the potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard...
As a Manager, Product Design (Design Systems) at Boulevard, you will work cross-functionally with various departments and guide the future of Boulevard’s design systems from development to implementation to ongoing management. You will think creatively about what users need and turn those needs into an elegant system with components, and guidelines that enable our engineers to create delightful user experiences.Your contributions to our design system and overall design infrastructure will continue to revolutionize the Boulevard platform as a second to none industry leader.
The Manager of Product Design (Design Systems) serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers and managers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Help set the vision for the end-to-end experience across the entire product lifecycle and make an impact from day one.
What you'll do here...
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to unite all our products under one consistent and accessible design system experience
- Help grow and champion Design Systems adoption and standards that ensure brand consistency and UX quality across teams
- Create a roadmap that balances short term needs but prioritizes and builds for the greater future
- Drive the business value of design systems and platform user experience by measuring and reporting outcomes for the full organization
- Work with a passionate team of designers to continuously improve our process and raise our bar for quality and innovation
- Hire and train new designers on the team, while fostering a culture of design at Boulevard
What you'll need to thrive...
- Experience: Multiple years of experience managing design teams with specific experience building, managing and implementing design systems from inception to execution. Strong experience in creating design systems with accessibility in mind for all types of user bases.
- Portfolio: An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation with a concentration in eCommerce platforms and design systems
- Technical Collaboration: Experience partnering with product managers and engineers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Design Tools: Excellent proficiency with Figma or similar tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Leadership: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and strong experience leading
- Bonus Points: You know how to code or have an understanding of how things work under the hood | Previous experience working on products that are extremely data-focused | Fintech or SaaS product experience
In addition to the wonderful people, you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our flexible vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority, so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) matching option.
Work from home stipend every month.
Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
Boulevard Bucks Learning & Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, says about life at Boulevard. Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.