Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is seeking a Learning Design Lead to help us take our GTM teams to the next level for our new Confluent Academy. You will bring a strong point of view about what learning strategies power the most high-performing GTM organizations, and you will drive transformation toward Confluent’s unique “Customer Growth” GTM model.
Confluent’s unique Customer Growth GTM model has three core pillars:
Purpose-built for the Data-in-Motion journey
The next generation of software business models will be product-led and consumption-oriented. The first-generation model was the license and support model, and the next generation was a term-based subscription. Customers are increasingly choosing the product-led and consumption-oriented model, which is the de facto model for data and infrastructure offerings in the cloud. Given that data and cloud infrastructure represents the largest TAM and most significant disruption happening in enterprise software, these are the sales, marketing, and success motions to learn for talent in GTM roles.
You will play a key role in driving our GTM strategy to fuel growth and success for Confluent and our customers and implementing fast and effective change across global teams to help evolve our learning programs and ecosystem.
What You Will Do:
- Share best practices in new experience design models and learning theories
- Develop sustainable avenues of best practice dissemination
- Inspire team members to build best-in-class learning and enablement solutions
- Introduce innovation into our learning experiences
- Conduct needs assessment and reviews instructional design standards
- Review materials in current practice and external benchmarks
- Build prototypes and refine them with feedback from the team
- Create professional materials that are accessible and focused on the targeted outcomes
- Design and develop creative and effective materials appropriate for a given experience.
- Select and use various techniques to define and sequence the instructional content and strategies.
What You Will Bring:
- 5-10 years of proven learning design experience using ADDIE/SAM or similar methodology
- Mastery level understanding of learning science integrating theory and practice to deliver pedagogically-sound learning experiences
- Ability to lead collaboratively in a cross-functional organization and drive alignment on key issues with a number of stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience translating complex concepts into an easy-to-understand and digestible format
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a sales enablement or L&D organization
- LMS, Authoring, Graphic Design, Video Design tool experience
- Preferred: Master's degree in Instructional Design, Learning Tech, Business, Education, or a similar field
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.