Welcome to the Luniverse ✨
At Luni, we aim to improve people’s everyday lives. And we create brands and experiences that do just that.
We’re all about quality content. Distinctive design. And making sure everything we create is useful.
We embark on projects and develop products on subjects that inspire us, like sport, health, and creativity. Luni is one of the top ten app publishers with millions of users worldwide. Some of our creations we are most proud of : 👟 Fitness Coach, ⚽ Omada, 📸 Photo Studio.
We’re a collective of passionate product-makers and boundary-breakers. Determined to reach the top. And make every day extraordinary. We aim to fulfill, succeed and perform together - as a team and as individuals. Our deepest wish is that everyone at Luni loves what they work on, and works on what they love.
Joining Luni means challenging yourself, putting your talent into products that make sense, and learning again and again. Having a positive impact on the world is not only our raison d’être. It’s our joie de vivre. Your ambition is welcome; we want you to be yourself and shape the profession of your dreams.
👉 Luni is looking for a Lead Visual Designer.
Visual design is a cornerstone of the product design process at Luni, and Visual Designers bring a unique and memorable output that pushes the boundaries of how products look and feel—some call it magic.
Lead Visual Designers elevate the quality of our work and evolve the skillsets of those around them. They bring a passion for product design thinking and execute on a variety of project types. As the most senior designers at Luni, Lead Visual Designers consistently deliver on the most complex tracks of work. They have deep industry knowledge, domain expertise, and help define design quality and process at Luni.
Lead Visual Designers define the product experience through art direction, UI design and prototyping for motion and interaction. They translate the character of the product brand, and the intention of the product strategy and UX, into a highly thoughtful and refined visual system.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our French hubs (Bordeaux/Paris).
⭐️ Here is a snapshot of your responsibilities :
• Lead visual design and art direction for key parts of the product.
• Guide the design of Production Hi-Fidelity: the nitty-gritty detailed layout and interface design of the product flows.
• Personally design the most important and challenging parts of the solution.
• Support Visual Designers to design alongside you by framing their work with solid design briefs and UX frameworks for the overall product.
• Review Product Designer’s work and ensure the quality of what the team delivers.
• Prototype new approaches to the work, respectfully declining the status quo pushing colleagues outside of their comfort zones.
• Collaborate directly with Design Leads and key team members, presenting your thinking and work effectively in internal meetings and presentations.
• Work hand-in-hand with engineers and product team members to foster innovation and ensure feasibility and fidelity of implementation.
• Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
• Share your knowledge and approach to the craft with the broader design team at Luni.
•If desired, opportunity to coach and mentor other designers.
💫 Who are you?
• Product design experience at a digital agency or in-house, ideally in a senior-level role.
• A portfolio that reflects your strengths in exemplary interface design and art direction, but also strong in UX thinking, with at least half the examples specifically in product design.
• Proven experience working through complex areas of a product, navigating around technical & business requirements.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and project chaos that lead to more questions than answers.
• Fluent in translating stakeholder goals.
• Demonstrated understanding of UI/UX principles, best practices, and common design tools (read: Figma). Bonus points for interaction design skills (think Spline, Principle, or Framer, Origami).
• An ability to define and simplify scope in a way that helps everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and appreciation of the work.
• Able to clearly communicate compelling design rationales internally.
• Driven to stay ahead of mobile best practices, developments and trends in mobile and iOS design.
• Bonus points if you also have specialized skills in creating key visual assists such as: illustration, 3D models, photography, custom type, etc.
💻 When applying, please provide an online portfolio with your previous projects. Please detail what was your contribution to each project.
👉 Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.
👐 Our commitment to you
• Work with a team inspired by creativity and iteration.
• Take part in the development of projects and products used daily by millions of users all over the world.
• Keep learning and growing with access to a learning & development budget (via Simbel
), and attending inspiring conferences, seminars, and workshops.
• Enjoy our offices in Bordeaux (Luniplex) and Paris (Lunipod), and choose where you work: Bordeaux, Paris, both, in remote when you need.
• Connect with your team by joining fitness classes held conveniently at the office, after-work parties, and team-building activities.
💝 Your perks
• Mutual insurance Alan with 100% coverage (child and spouse included).
• CESU vouchers to pay for personal services activities: household helper, childcare, pet sitting, etc.
• Tailor-made lunches: Swile
card to eat at restaurants, daily meal vouchers, and a homemade brunch every Friday with the team.
• PEE / PERCO: Employee Savings and Retirement plans abounded by Luni at 300%.
• Full access to Lumm
(mental health) and Vendredi
(corporate citizenship) platforms.
👀 To know more Luni and our ambitions, you can listen to these two podcasts (in French)