Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
Matterport is seeking a talented, passionate UX Writer to drive cohesive product narratives across our web products and services.
This person will partner with Design, Product, Marketing and Business teams to help drive a clear, consistent and defined voice for Matterport across customer touchpoints, with a focus on platform products and services.
This person will regularly use craft, empathy, logic, and data to inform writing, editing and design decisions. They will develop guidelines, create frameworks, inform design solutions, as well as write and edit copy. They will apply customer-centric thinking to all elements of product design, with a focus on clarity, coherence, quality, and accessibility.
The ideal candidate has a passion for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to focus on big experience initiatives at the same time as crucial details. They are comfortable presenting and articulating reasoning with stakeholders, collaborating with partners across functions, leading ambiguous workstreams, and asking lots of questions.
What you will do:
- Lead and deliver concise, user-focused copy that proactively answers questions, drives retention, and calls for action across consumer-facing experiences
- Collaborate with designers, and product managers to uncover and solve UX challenges
- Create and maintain a usable product copy style guide and shared nomenclature that allows product and development teams to move quickly
- Develop, manage, evolve and evangelize our narrative system across platform products
- Be a go-to-resource and subject matter expert for web user communications
- Interact with customer-facing teams to understand how users engage with our products and what information they need to be successful
- Write from scratch and have editorial oversight of content across our platform products and communications
Who you are:
- 10 or more years professional experience as a UX writer / strategist
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines
- Strong writing, grammatical and proofreading skills with the ability to be creative
- Ability to convey complicated concepts in a simple, and understandable manner
- Ability to oscillate between storytelling to systematic writing
- Ability to leverage design tools to communicate solutions
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Humble, ego-free attitude
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and feedback-rich environment
- Ability to clearly articulate strategy and rationale
- Ability to collaborate and lead successfully with cross-functional partners
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think long-term, but act quickly
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act