We are looking for a self-motivated Lead UX Researcher who thrives working in a fast-paced startup environment, with full autonomy and ownership. You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, able to think through complex challenges, and are able to align cross-functional teams around your research in order to launch successful products. Knowledge and past experience working on research for Developers, Web3/Crypto products and IP licensing are value-adds for this role.
You will lead user research activities across several areas of the company to identify current challenges in the franchise development world, IP licensing world, and web3 ecosystems. You will ensure that teams take a user-centered, evidence-based approach to service design and delivery, while leading highly strategic research activities that have a long term and over-arching impact for the future of the company .
You will collaborate closely with our Head of Design and Head of Ecosystem Apps to design, execute, and analyze user research studies that will inform design strategies and drive the development of our products.
- Act as primary point of contact for all team research needs—from large foundational and generative projects to evaluative, tactical– and help solidify the direction of our products and help find product market fit
- Identify and recruit participants for research studies, ensuring a diverse and representative sampleBalance the strategic and tactical; ensuring the team is solving the most critical user needs while delivering holistic solutions that are intuitive and easy to use
- Plan, conduct, and analyze user research studies, including usability testing, user interviews, surveys, and methods that are both qualitative and quantitative
- Analyze research data to extract meaningful insights and actionable recommendations, tying directly to actionable next steps and impact on product direction
- Develop user personas, journey maps, and other deliverables to effectively communicate research findings.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in conducting user research, usability testing, and user interviews.
- Expertise in web3, IP, entertainment, and IP law to inform research methodologies is a plus
- Proficiency in various research methods and tools, including usability testing platforms, survey tools, and analytics software.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey research findings and recommendations.
- Collaborative mindset and the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Proven ability to source and recruit participants effectively.
- Ability to adapt to a scrappy and resourceful approach to research.