Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
Your future team
Atlassian is searching for a Lead Researcher to join our world-class team of research experts. Atlassian's mission is to unleash the potential of teams all over the world. You will define and conduct research that not only informs our ultimate mission, but that feeds the design, strategy and development of our software products. Innovation and research is at the core of Atlassian and you will join one of APAC's largest teams of mixed-methods researchers. We work together to deepen our craft as researchers and our ability to support Atlassian to build better experiences for our customers and users.
What you'll do
- Reporting to the Research Manager, you will make an impact on a global scale. Millions of people use our software platform daily and we're looking for someone to help us identify and understand the questions we need to answer to move platform strategies forward.
- You will partner at senior levels across product management, design, marketing, data science, and engineering to influence product design and direction.
- You will conduct end-to-end research using a variety of qualitative (and sometimes quantitative) methodologies, to help us better understand our users' needs, behaviours, and emotions to uncover opportunities for our platform.
- You will lead and conduct large programs of research to provide the insights needed to inform across the software development cycle; from identifying needs for new features, new product opportunities, and evaluating post-launch to ensure that our technology continues to help unleash the potential of every team.
- As a Lead Researcher at Atlassian, you will provide deep craft expertise in a mature and established practice, empowering other teams with research processes and knowledge and amplifying across all of Atlassian.
- Significant years of hands-on experience designing and conducting large programs of user research that has had an impact on technologies that have a seamless user experience. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- You'll be experienced with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (remote and in-person), along with the knowledge of when, why and how to research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis. We value your ability to be creative when thinking about the research problem you're trying to solve, and your ability to bring your team along on the journey of your discoveries.
- You will excel at analysing qualitative data, synthesising it into a consistent and truthful story, and be an expert at creating ways of sharing your insights to resonate and create impactful across diverse audiences, including senior leadership.
- Experience developing high quality mixed-methods (triangulating qual and quant) research, and synthesising results across multiple methods.
It is great if you also have
A qualification in behavioural or social sciences, such as psychology, anthropology, sociology, human factors or a related subject area.
Professional experience in applied product research, with experience your research being presented to influence product design and direction.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.