Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, NASA, Starbucks, and USAA.
This opportunity is a part of Blink's Embedded practice which supports long-term opportunities with some of Blink’s largest client partners.
Blink's client is launching a Salesforce transformation project to reimagine the internal Care and Sales representative experiences and the external Customer experience for self-service of business accounts and lines.
The Lead UX Designer/Architect will play a critical role within the Product Design & Innovation organization, focused on mentoring and growing teams of Experience Designers that lead and execute our B2B strategic initiatives. You are a mentor and individual contributor leader who is comfortable rolling up your sleeves to execute.
We are looking for a motivated & influential design leader with a high bar for world-class experiences, excellent collaboration skills, and experience thinking across multiple complex user scenarios to deliver a simple and elegant end user experience.
Duration:Through January 2024
- Lead a design and user experience pod in the creation of enterprise Salesforce applications, design frameworks, visual libraries, and scalable interface assets.
- Acts as an evangelist for design thinking, partnering with key leaders to demonstrate how user experience design and research empowers the creation of better digital products.
- Guide, mentor, and inspire other designers in the team, keeping up with the design industry evolution including best practices for responsive mobile & desktop design, new trends and technologies.
- Establish, evolve, and evangelize design strategy across the company.
- Communicate best practices for design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders.
- Provide feedback and direction to ensure intuitive and innovative solutions and drive consistency following established design principles, guidelines and patterns.
- Envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of the "status quo."
- Produce sketches, workflow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, design guidelines and style guides.
- Work across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements, technical possibilities and constraints.
- Team up with User Researchers and other Designers to maintain consistency across the digital ecosystem and solve cross-application design challenges.
- Educate on the importance of following a User-centered Design process.
- Demonstrate ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience as an interaction or UX designer required
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools and ability to learn new ones as projects require
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methods
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Knack for creative problem solving and innovative solutions
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience leading multiple teams of designers in complex enterprise transactional flows
- Ability to show multiple successful launches across different enterprise platforms, including Salesforce
- Expert ability to collaborate with product and technology partners to flesh out detailed UX requirements and strategy based on business feature roadmaps
- B2B experience a plus
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.