Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. Our dream is to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
At Carbon, we’re driven by helping customers make previously unmake-able parts. We craft experiences from the virtual through to the physical, from designing new geometries to preparing them to print to cleaning the part in a washer.
We want a Lead Designer to join our team of people who are driven to build powerful yet simple products that customers love to use.
For this role, we're looking for someone who wants to work with our product management and software engineering teams to understand our customers, and lead us through possible concepts that address their needs. We want a designer who can direct their team, inspire the organization about the impact of design, but also not be beyond sometimes hopping into the trenches to make sure the details of the product are right. You want to look at usage data, and feel comfortable using many user testing methodologies. We also expect you’re good at using the right tool for the job: a whiteboard and marker, pencil and paper, Figma file or our shared components style guide.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Service, Product Management and Engineering partners.
- Facilitate design discussions, give feedback, and share results of customer research and usage.
- Build a design team, provide direction for junior designers, and create an environment for making great products.
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership (product management and software engineering) to explore concepts, define features and contribute to the overall direction of the product.
- Define, craft and evolve designs within a shared design language and actively share knowledge on how to utilize the design system.
- Work closely with your design team, Product Management, and Software Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Demonstrated track record of success in a UX design role, with 7+ years of professional experience.
- Strong collaboration skills, especially with product management and software engineering.
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience preferred.
- A portfolio showcasing excellent design process and skills including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and interaction design.
- An interest in 3d printing, and computer-aided design (CAD) or working on the software for a hardware product is preferred.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants
, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.