We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve their goals through world Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them on a daily basis whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations or printing gifts for your friends, with Canva everyone can achieve their goals.
As a product marketing leader at Canva, your role will be to coach and empower a team of product marketers to do the best work of their lives at Canva. You’ll be responsible for working with the executive product and marketing leaders to drive high impact GTM strategy, team strategy and product development for your part of the business. You’ll be responsible for owning and optimising operating and reporting cadences for your team and growing and nurturing the talent on your team.
What you'll do
- Lead in product marketing - lead a high-performance team and nurture talent, ensuring that each team member is learning and thriving
- Executive stakeholder management - build strong relationships with stakeholders in product, marketing, and sales and partner with them to execute high impact cross-cutting projects
- Product strategy - You will support product teams to build multi-year product strategies and influence product development across ideation and launch
- GTM strategy - You’re a seasoned expert in large and complex GTM strategies and you drive alignment between all cross-functional teams with robust data-driven approaches.
- Cross-functional champion - You’ll be the person that helps connect the dots between product, marketing and sales. You’ll be a world-class communicator to ensure everyone knows what’s launching, when and how it impacts them.
- Navigate complexity - Ability to navigate global organization across multiple functions, products and teams
- Subject matter expert - Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product portfolio across the business and represent Canva at industry events or assist in preparation sales for thought leadership speaking events
- Values aligned decision making - All your strategies, team decisions and goals will be aligned with our 6 Canva values
Who you'll be
- 9+ years of product marketing experience and 3+ years as a product marketing leader
- Experience growing and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and grow a diverse and geographically fragmented team to achieve specific goals
- Leads by example, continuously demonstrating humility, kindness and compassion while working towards team and company goals
- Experience in building and delivering cross-cutting company-wide strategic projects
- Loves solving customer problems and partnering with product teams to build world-class products
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Ability to identify and forecast potential business problems/opportunities and identify appropriate ways to rectify/seize the opportunities and prioritize resources.
- Ability to understand and articulate the market, competitors and core customer audience.
- Experience running complex cross-functional strategies and the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Navigates a global organization across multiple functions. As Canva is a fast-growing and paced workplace you’ll be someone who can juggle multiple projects at once and have strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and an eagerness to learn and grow every day. As Canva is growing 130% YoY, you’re aware that you’ll be growing and trying new things constantly.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.