Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the job
Do you want to help millions of customers change the way they consume electronic goods, all around the world?
We are seeking an experienced and innovative lead product manager to own, define and develop the most sensitive part of the customer experience at Back Market: the purchase experience. Starting with one feature team, you will grow the scope to reach the ambitions of Back Market. The scope is expected to represent up to 3 teams in 2022 covering the checkout funnel, the account authentication and management, as well as new customer services.
Working closely with executive leaders and partners in the Engineering, User research, Product design, Marketing, Finance and Country teams you will be responsible for developing a comprehensive experience that meet users' needs while promoting Back Market’s unique positioning and brand.
The scope of this role is very broad, with high visibility and complete autonomy on the scope. It requires a blend of technical & functional expertise, data fluency, user understanding, and business acumen.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSAIBLE FOR:
- Developing the best consumer experience of Back Market, from add to cart to checkout, in all our countries and all platforms web and app, using data and user research.
- Owning our main purchase KPIs: the funnel conversion rate, as well as long term customer retention metrics.
- Developing and driving the short and long term product vision of Back Market purchase experience, driving the change in consumer habits towards circular economy, partnering with many stakeholders and in particular the design team.
- Managing your own team at first and then recruiting, growing and coaching a team of up to 3 product managers, making sure the product scopes are well defined and anticipating the growth and needs of the company.
- Working hand in hand with your engineering counterpart to make sure we have reliable and yet ambitious roadmaps, with the expected level of delivery quality.
- Defining the best product strategy to serve the business priorities and making sure we share short and long term alignment with business counterparts.
- As a pillar of the product team, animating and participating in the life of the team, helping define the best ways of working, managing dependencies and reflecting on the needs of a scaling organization.
YOU'RE PERFECT FOR THE ROLE IF:
- You have a strong PM experience working on a platform with a high volume of users. A previous experience on ecommerce is a bonus.
- You are driven by impact, fluent with data, and have a proven track record of measuring your impact thanks to AB tests.
- You are a team player, and know how to use soft power to embark people with you.
- You are able to provide sharp and engaging communication to all levels of stakeholders, including the top management.
- You have empathy and curiosity for your users and you know how to use emotional intelligence to shape a product vision.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.