Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada’s mission is to become the security and safety OS for every building. The Product team at Verkada is responsible for driving our product vision and identifying opportunities for Verkada to grow and succeed as a business.
A key part to fulfilling this goal is the expansion of Verkada’s product portfolio. Verkada is looking for entrepreneurial product leaders to bring new products to life. As a New Product Product Manager, you will build a new business and deliver new products from the ground up that meaningfully protect people and buildings. This role will partner with Verkada’s senior product leadership and work closely with executive leadership.
What you'll do
- Define and build a new product category to expand the Verkada product portfolio.
- Research market dynamics including market size, competitive analysis and regulatory requirements.
- Develop a product hypothesis through a deep understanding of current market landscape and thoughtful product design thinking.
- Work with customers & partner organizations to identify market opportunities.
- Partner with engineering and design to develop a product portfolio starting from concept through to production.
- Collaborate with marketing & sales to develop a go-to-market program to drive top-line growth and market adoption.
- Going beyond new product introductions, you will develop a long term strategic roadmap and maintain execution cadence for what will be a rapidly growing team.
- Identify and instrument the relevant sales, marketing, engineering metrics that help drive decision making.
- Do whatever it takes to make your product and your team successful!
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Technical Leader in a new category.
- Experience as a Founder building a business from scratch. Alternatively, experience within an established business of taking a product from launch to scale.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional.
- Focus on customer needs and market empathy
- Technical fluency with analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.