We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
You’ll be a key member of our card pillar that is responsible for Cleo’s Credit Builder card and Direct Deposit products. You’ll be working on a new 0 → 1 credit card product to add to our existing suite of products.
In your first 90 days you will:
- Work closely with your lead designer to craft a best in class customer experience for applying for, managing and transacting on the Cleo credit card
- Work with our chat and coaching teams to develop a strategy for how AI and coaching can help us develop our credit card proposition and help people to use it responsibly
- Work with members of our operations team to gain a deep understanding of flow of funds, fraud prevention, banking integrations and other key partnerships needed to come together to deliver a new credit card product in a short period of time
- Work with the commercial team to understand the unit economics of a credit card and how we can set up this new card to be a commercial success
- Work with the marketing team to develop positioning and product marketing for the card to help us reach our desired market and differentiate ourselves from competitors
In your first 6 months you will:
- Lead a cross functional team to build and launch our first credit card
- Work with the Group Product Manager for card to develop a comprehensive strategy for the long term future of credit cards at Cleo
- Help your squad find the right balance of optimisation, quality and new feature development
- Work with fraud, underwriting and payments teams to build and optimise world class fraud, collections and underwriting processes that allow us to offer credit to people traditionally underserved by credit products
- Co-ordinate and manage internal and external testing for the new credit card
You should apply if you:
- As a guide, you'll have 5+ years of experience in a product role and have worked on a credit card product before, ideally with experience building a credit card product from 0→1
- Enjoy being hands on with a cross functional team of analysts, designers, data scientists and engineers
- Able to say “no” more than you say “yes” to keep the squads focused on the most impactful priorities, but also able to communicate clearly with stakeholders and get alignment
- Work collaboratively with your product squad and involve them in strategy and decision-making
- Bring creativity into how we approach financial products. We're radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage PMs from all backgrounds to apply.
- Bring energy and drive to ensure your product is successful. People would describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Step 1: Call with a member of our Talent Team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45-60 minutes with our Group Product Manager for Card
- Step 3: Live product task interview, to be presented to a couple of our team
- Step 4: 45 minutes each with two cross-functional peers from Engineering, Design or Analytics
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ This role is level PM4
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love for you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 6% employer-matched pension
- Performance reviews every 6 months,
- Generous pay increases for high performers
- Discretionary cash bonuses for high-growth team members
- Equity top ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!