Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Lead Product Designers help define, design and deliver seamless product experiences within a product
area at Xero. Working on your own design tasks, as well as assisting others through design
collaboration, feedback and mentorship. You'll contribute to the design roadmap, vision and direction, working with other designers, product and engineering peers to deliver high quality experiences for our customers in the UK. You’ll help define how we improve as a Design team by working closely with other Leads and Principals, as
well as our Design Leadership Team.
What you'll do
- Champion and drive product principles and practices, including exploring new design thinking approaches to solve complex customer problems
- Promote collaborative design opportunities between designers to increase capability and robust design thinking
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of trends within the product and design industries
- Work closely with designers in your portfolio or initiative to mentor, build capability and ensure quality is achieved consistently across the product
- Assist and mentor team members in their development, identifying opportunities for them to grow and achieve their goals
What you'll bring with you
- Experience leading successful, large complex design projects
- Experience building and iterating on a product based on usage patterns, user feedback and an evolving strategic landscape
- A portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value
- A mastery of the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to executing elegant interfaces
- Track record of innovating and delivering design experiences at scale
- Demonstrated quality in design craft, process and thinking
- Track record of solving customers' problems through design thinking and execution
- Excellent communication, story-telling, and influencing skills
- An inclusive, collaborative approach that helps maintain our values and contributes to making Xero a great place to work
We are proud to have been recognised for UK’s Best Workplaces™ for Women 2022, UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2022, and named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces™ 2022 (Great Place To Work).
We pride ourselves in understanding our employees’ experiences, ensuring we hone in on particular focus areas including equity, representation, fairness and promotion of shared parental leave, whilst actively promoting women in the workplace. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.