Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and to do that, we need the best people to take the market.
In this role, you’ll work on our Storage pillar, which helps businesses unlock customer insights and make better decisions faster and cheaper by creating a suite of industry leading data storage and compute services inside the Segment customer data platform.
We are hiring a Lead Product Designer to be a player and a coach in this space: driving the vision, strategy, and execution of the future of Segment. In this role, you will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers to define the customer experience of collecting, unifying, and sending data to 300+ integrations. You will also be on the frontline of designing the developer experience of building out those Integrations.
- An interest in growing into management, or some experience managing
- Experience driving end-to-end product design that is relentlessly customer focused
- 5+ years of experience — ideally working in technical, B2B, data infrastructure, or similar product spaces (or interest in doing so)
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other designers to develop product strategy
- An ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- A deep desire to constantly improve, up-level your quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way
- Bonus: Industry expertise in developer tooling, technical platform, or integrations marketplace
- Bonus: Experience driving end-to-end platform design and designing for both technical and non-technical users
- Partner closely with cross-functional leads to create and execute on the end-to-end Integrations product strategy. More on how we do that here!
- Work across the Integrations teams to design and develop cohesive and delightful customer and developer experiences
- Partner with research to deeply understand user needs for your product area, and anchor your team in those insights
- Leverage our design system to solve customer problems creatively — maybe even contribute to said design system, Evergreen, along the way!
- Facilitate and drive co-creation workshops with stakeholders in order to propose the most viable solutions for a given problem
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832 - $151,040
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728 - $132,160
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks