Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As we expand our Atlassian footprint in India in mid-2022, we are able to recruit eligible candidates for this role who are located in Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Delhi NCR and Maharashtra. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
The IT Solutions group in India is passionate about building scalable, flexible & collaborative tools for the future of IT. This is one of the fastest-growing Atlassian product groups in India looking for experienced product designers who have helped build complex products in the past.
Our charter is to empower Dev and Ops teams to collaborate at high velocity, allowing them to respond to business changes and deliver great customer and employee service experiences at speed.
Product Designers at Atlassian work on the end-to-end experience, from identifying customer needs to detailed UI refinement. We’re looking to hire a lead product designer who takes ownership of the experience, thinks broadly, generates compelling solution ideas and sweats the details. Your work will directly impact over a million users.
In this role you will-
- Tackle complex problems and set up new initiatives. Working closely with your engineering and product partners, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process. You'll have the opportunity to shape strategy and experiences for our new initiatives in some very complex problem areas.
- Be a true champion for our users. One of our core values is “Don’t F#@$ the customer”. You will drive workshops with designers, engineers, product managers and customers to identify needs and potential solutions. You will use this knowledge to shape cross functional conversations and design outcomes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, Marketing Experts, and Analysts to develop a shared vision, champion the user experience in our products and ship impactful work.
To be successful here, we expect you to have-
- 8+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX or product designer working on software tools, complex web applications or in e-commerce
- Experience in shaping new initiatives or programs of work including project set-up, stakeholder mapping, planning and objective-setting
- Go-to plays to navigate cross functional teams through ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrated facilitation, communication and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams and the attitude to always strive for the best user outcomes in multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience with design thinking methods along with a deep understanding and a high degree of empathy for the people who experience your work
- The ability to communicate your ideas at different levels of fidelity
- Very keen sense of design- a critical eye for detail and a high standard of craft
- Supported and helped others grow and develop their own craft
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.