We are witnessing a massive shift in consumer behavior from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe working on the next generation of eCommerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments, and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
With our recently raised Series D, Bolt is hiring a Lead Product Designer to help shape our product strategy and ensure every feature or product we release is world-class. The ideal candidate has deep user empathy, a passion for simplifying complex problems, and an action-oriented mentality. As a product designer at Bolt, in addition to designing and developing projects from start to finish, you’ll play a foundational role in setting product vision and strategy.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally (design, engineering, CSMs, support, sales, marketing, product, research) to iterate on Bolt products
- Partner with PMs to understand and identify opportunities
- Conduct user research sessions both independently and in partnership with UX research and communicate findings to product and engineering teams
- Design simple but elegant product flows from start to finish
- Create prototypes and product iterations
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Elevate the role of design within the company
- Partner with engineering to ship pixel-perfect designs
- Provide systems thinking that solves design problems at scale, both strategically and tactically
- Comfortable switching between high-level vision thinking to hands-on pixel work
What will set you up for success:
- 6+ years of experience designing digital products (web and mobile)
- Strong with visual design, UX/UI, and user research and able to collaborate deeply with other designers and UX Research
- Ability to digest and compile data in a meaningful way to inform and communicate design research and decisions to stakeholders
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work in vague problem spaces
- Proven track record of contributing to team strategy and planning
- Regularly incorporates sketches, wireframes, and prototypes into your design process
- Proficient with Figma (or Sketch)
- Past experience working closely with product managers and engineers
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.