Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Lead Product Designer
Alma is seeking a mission-oriented Lead Product Designer to join our team. You will be focused on designing tools that support mental health providers in growing a thriving private practice and people seeking high-quality, affordable care. The ideal candidate is someone who believes that great design requires collaboration, curiosity, and comfort with complexity.
What you’ll do:
- Set the design direction for a strategic initiative.
- Partner with a Product Manager and 3-5 engineers to iteratively solve challenging problems.
- Lead the design of scalable and innovative user experiences across multiple devices (desktop, mobile, tablet) or guide a designer through executing.
- Understand and advocate for user needs by leading research activities (foundational interviews, surveys, and usability tests).
- Share your ideas through sketches, wireframes, mockups, or user journeys.
- Gather and incorporate feedback from teammates and stakeholders.
- Help grow Product Design as a function by contributing to our design system, establishing processes, and growing the team.
Who you are:
- You have 6+ years of experience in product or user experience design.
- You have 1+ years of experience working in healthcare revenue cycle management/billing.
- You have experience mentoring other designers.
- You have a portfolio with case studies that demonstrate a deep understanding of user needs and your creative problem-solving skills.
- You are a curious, ambitious, empathetic, and strategic designer. You’re a total pro in UX methodologies.
- You use digital design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Framer, React) to articulate your ideas.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and making decisions without all of the answers in front of you.
- You love user research. You know how to moderate an interview, run a usability test, and synthesize insights.
- You believe that a well-designed product means that it’s accessible and usable for all. Your work reflects that philosophy.
- You are passionate about Alma's mission and the future of mental health care.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $165,000-$190,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.