Get to know us
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think.
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day.
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve.
We are the architects of PayFit's success.
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
About the role :
As a Lead Design System Senior, you will be responsible for managing and evolving PayFit's Design System. Working within a bi-force composed of designers and developers, you will contribute to the production of our Design & Brand source of truth.
1. Design System Management:
- Design and maintain a consistent and scalable best-in-class Design System
- Drive and participate in the production of components, patterns, tokens, documentation, and guidelines (with a focus on accessibility best practices)
- Collaborate with Design, Development, and Product teams to understand their needs and ensure the Design System effectively addresses them
- Establish and maintain design standards and best practices to ensure visual consistency and user experience across all company products
- Contribute to create / improve continuously collaboration process with all stakeholders
- Define metrics to track and monitor the Design System's performance
- Continuously update and improve the Design System based on metrics, technological advancements, user feedback, and company objectives
2. Leadership and Mentoring:
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Design System and lead its evolution.
- Mentor and supervise a Designer system
- Provide guidance and advice on best design practices, the use of the Design System, and achieving company objectives
- Collaborate closely with Design ( Product, Brand & UX writers ), Development, Marketing and product teams to ensure alignment and consistency of efforts.
3. Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with Design, Development, and Product teams to ensure proper utilization and integration of the Design System in all projects.
- Clearly communicate guidelines and updates regarding the Design System to the entire company through presentations and comprehensive documentation.
This role is for you if :
1. Professional Experience:
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Lead Design System, preferably in a medium or large company, with experience in creating or redesigning a Design System
- You have experience in creating a Design Language System is a plus
2. Technical Skills:
- You are proficient in Figma
- You have an In-depth knowledge of experience and user interface design principles
- You have an understanding of front-end technologies and development constraints to ensure the feasibility and effectiveness of Design System implementation
3. Interpersonal Skills:
- You have an ability to inspire, lead, and train others
- You shows a team player mindset
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate and present ideas clearly and convincingly.
- You define yourself with a pProactive approach, making informed decisions and proactively solving problems
- You have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in a complex and dynamic environment
If you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements, we would love to hear from you!
(CV + Portfolio or Documentation from previous experiences directly related to Design System).
Your future team :
Together with your Team members and Design community, you will create the Design & Brand source of truth in order to impact the quality, the consistency and the velocity of all Design production at PayFit.
Hiring process :
1. First you will meet a Talent Acquisition Specialist for a discovery call (45 min)
2. Next step will be a meeting with Sacha, Design Director - Direct manager (60 min)
3. You will then meet : Cyril (Dev bi-force) + Rafa (Direct Design collaborator) + Sacha (Direct manager) for sharing a concrete business case study (60 min)
4. You will finally meet David, VP of Design (45 min)
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within your country (France, Spain or the UK).
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills everyday with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym membership conditions depending on country and 4 paid sessions with a mental health practitioner and online support with Moka Care.
Health insurance: with conditions depending on the country.
Meals: Restaurant tickets.
Home office budget: To help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process. Please let us know what you need and we will do our best to accommodate!