Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech
that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com
, Intuit, Hopper
, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon
, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover
, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC
in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives”
which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
Cover Genius Insurance Product Managers are the resident experts on product lines and go-to resource for coverage analysis and innovation, insurance documentation and regulations. As Insurance Product Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of products sourced and developed across our operations. This will include developing and communicating product line strategies and supporting the partnerships team in providing product solutions in order to meet partner demands and increase market penetration.
What your working week will involve;
- Assisting in the development of new products across various business verticals and insurance product lines and supporting the partnerships team with customer-centric solutions
- Day to day management existing product portfolios, including reporting and improvements to underwriting, product and policy wording
- General management of and guiding of underwriting efforts and policy requirements/issues including supply side partner management
- Weekly and monthly general reporting including presenting commentary at meetings as needed
- Monitoring of regulatory developments across product lines
- Work closely with the partnership team & growth teams on developing new partnerships and preparing proposals and financial modeling
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required
What the ideal profile looks like;
- Experience in product, pricing and/or underwriting at an insurer or broker
- Track record in developing innovative products and service contracts and ongoing product/portfolio management
- Experience in designing and writing policy wordings and other insurance-related documentation
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Problem-solving and advocating for customer solutions
- Proven ability to foster and develop relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to independently take initiative on projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture
- Produce reports and analyse performance to maximise opportunity and market share
- A clear understanding of product design and proposition - what makes it a success or failure
- Experience working in producing business in multiple markets around the world is an advantage
- Experience in product entry strategies, product designs and growing revenue
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. Some of the benefits we have are:
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. With the recent impact of Covid we gave 15 days additional leave to all employees
for when they need a break and some well-deserved downtime.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures
speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.