MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 400 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as East Providence, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
Our 2025 strategy means delighting customers, new and old, with remarkable products and premium experiences. We are excited about this future and want to see at least part of this vision realised in 2022.
A new team was set up because we identified a new customer segment with their own unique needs and we have had a new technology, customer and manufacturing strategy. This team is building a new platform and experience both for our internal and external customers. This new platform is the future of MOO. We aim to offer this new solution to customers in a way that drives towards our longer term plans while adding value and data lead insight from the start.
The team are mostly based in the UK together and it is fully cross functional. This will be a hybrid role and we will expect you to attend the office to collaborate with team mates and stakeholders at least once per week.
This role will be to come in and be the go-to person for everything with regards to design. The aim being to lead and design a seamless, engaging, and commercially performing experience for all users of our platform, both B2B and B2C.You will have a direct report and you will work closely with the Director of Product on the future direction of the platform - and ultimately of MOO.
Head of UX/UI Design will be working closely with all the senior stakeholders including CEO, Engineering, Product, Sales, Customer Service, and the Finance to understand the requirements and create a design and experience that engages and excites.
It will be for you to bring all the stakeholders on the journey of design by running discovery sessions, understand our users’ problems, wireframing solutions, validating these solutions, and ultimately presenting these back to the team.
- Own the end-to-end user experience of MOO.com
- Manage a team member responsible for the current experience
- Run Design sprints, retros and ceremonies
- Run regular user research focus groups (B2B and B2C) and synthesis of findings
- Regular team playbacks and ideation sessions
- Prototyping - we are HUGE fans of prototyping!
- Low-fi and Hi-fidelity visual designs
- Production ready end to end product design
- Design specifications and liaising with developers
- Design quality assurance
- You have a HUGE passion for design: Someone who is deeply passionate about design, with a keen eye for detail and a drive to create outstanding work.
- Natural curiosity: a hunger for learning and always seeking out new knowledge and skills to improve your craft.
- Experience running and conducting UX Research: from designing and conducting studies to analysing findings and translating insights into actionable design decisions.
- You have confident leadership skills and have effectively managed and motivated teams previously, ideally while in a Lead or Head of role.
- A confident and effective communicator: able to articulate complex ideas clearly and persuasively to a range of stakeholders.
- A strategic thinker: who can approach design challenges holistically, taking into account broader business objectives and user needs.
- A creative problem solver: able to generate innovative ideas and approaches that push the boundaries of what's possible.
- A systems thinker: who can understand and optimise complex design ecosystems and interactions.
- A prototyper: rather than telling us your ideas, you build realistic prototypes to show your ideas in action.
- Tech enthusiast: You are comfortable using a range of design tools and software and you’re always keeping up with the latest design and tech trends.
- An exceptional collaborator able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Compassionate and ambitious with a drive to make a meaningful impact through your work.
- Hungry to do your best work and to excel as a design leader, constantly seeking out new challenges and opportunities for growth.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, and a cycle to work scheme.We also offer flexible work schedules with hybrid and remote working for certain roles as well as a Work From Anywhere program.
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.