At Zyte we eat data for breakfast, and you can eat your breakfast anywhere when you work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to gather the data from the web that they need to grow their business.Today, over 2,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
The market is buzzing with new opportunities for businesses seeking cutting-edge web-based data solutions. Our products are leading the charge, breaking through the barriers of traditional, code-based solutions to offer intuitive and user-friendly interfaces. At our company, we understand the importance of design in creating truly impactful solutions that drive results for our clients.
But a further market is emerging - there’s a very large and growing audience of data-centric users who are focussed not on data gathering, but on data use, and we have powerful solutions to meet the needs of this expanded group.
This is an audience who focus on outcomes over tools, and where we can communicate best less through descriptions, and more by removing frictions to trying things out first hand.
Get ready to revolutionize your data game with our innovative products!
About the role
As Head of Design you will be responsible for leading and managing the design team, shaping the overall vision and direction of our design strategy, and ensuring that our software, web, brand and other experiences are visually compelling, user-friendly, and easy to navigate. You will work closely with the Product, Marketing and Technology teams to understand customer needs and ensure design solutions align with business objectives.
You will lead a team of design professionals who shape the following -
- Our public facing website, its brand execution and information architecture
- The web-based user interfaces for our in-depth software solutions
- Our ‘customer journey’ team, who collaborate with both our web and software teams to accelerate the pathway from ‘visitor’ to ‘happy customer’
- Lead and manage the design team, providing guidance, coaching and career mentorship to team members
- Provide leadership on user research and discovery practices. Collaborate with product managers and multifunctional teams including Customer Success to ensure that we are skilled in gaining insight from customers and users, and that we action this through loops of experimentation and feedback.
- Collaborate with our Marketing team on ownership and development of our brand identity. Support governance of its execution through leadership over style guides, design language, component libraries and other assets
- Lead a culture of continuous experimentation and optimisation, supported by data and insight
- Review and critique the creative work produced by the team, lead design reviews
- Champion designs and design concepts to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Oversee the design and development of web, mobile and software interfaces
- Collaborate with our technology teams on effective practice for implementation of UI designs
- Ensure the design team is meeting project timelines and deliverables
- Maintain a knowledge of leading practice, techniques and tooling and be the champion of change
- 7+ years of experience in a senior role designing modern web applications/sites in a professional environment
- An outstanding portfolio with exceptional aesthetic and a thoughtful, intelligent approach to visual problem solving
- Demonstrates leading practice in UX, including research, design thinking and testing to guide the design of user centric solutions.
- Data driven to support decision making. Hands on experience of insight tooling - Hotjar, Google Analytics etc
- Articulates complex concepts in a clear way. Comfortable working across domains - web, app UI, conversion optimisation, digital marketing, branding etc.
- Think beyond aesthetics and apply methodical problem solving to design
- Expert in appropriate tooling for UX (wireframing, prototyping etc) and for visual design
- Strong application of typography in all design works.
- Understanding of flexible, adaptive design for web and mobile.
- Experience working in a SaaS company is a plus